|Date:||Sat 12th May 2012|
|Track Length:||353 metres|
|Track Record Time:||62.40|
|Track Record:||Greg Hancock 17.05.1997|
|WILD CARD #16:||Josef Franc|
|RESERVE #17:||Vaclav Milik|
|RESERVE #18:||Matej Kus|
Address & Contact Details
U Vojtesky 11, 16201,
Fully equipped press room, food and beverage outlets
Did You Know?
- The first FIM Czech Republic Speedway Grand Prix was held in Prague on 17 May 1997.
- The Marketa Stadium in Prague, the only venue ever used for the Czech GP, will host its 16th annual FIM Speedway Grand Prix in 2012.
- It hosted its first SGP event on the 17th of May 1997 and the winner was Greg Hancock.
- The 2012 FIM Mitas Czech Republic Speedway Grand Prix sees Prague host the third round of the championship for the second consecutive year.
Results of previous five GP's:
(1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th)
- 2011: Greg Hancock, Jaroslaw Hampel, Tomasz Gollob, Jason Crump
- 2010: Tomasz Gollob, Nicki Pedersen, Jaroslaw Hampel, Magnus Zetterstrom
- 2009: Emil Sayfutdinov, Fredrik Lindgren, Jason Crump, Leigh Adams
- 2008: Nicki Pedersen, Hans Andersen, Jason Crump, Greg Hancock
- 2007: Nicki Pedersen, Jarolsaw Hampel, Rune Holta, Scott Nicholls
Friday 11th May
18.00 – 20.00 – Practice (open to the public at a charge of 80CZK)
Saturday 12th May
16:00-18:00 – Live Band outside the stadium playing a variety of popular English and Czech songs
17.15 – Official autograph session with Tomasz Gollob, Nicki Pedersen, Hans Andersen & Josef Franc taking place just inside the main entrance
18:10 – Majorettes inside the stadium
18:30 – Majorettes inside the stadium
18:45 – Parachute display landing on the infield
19.00 – FIM Mitas Czech Republic Speedway Grand Prix
22.15 (approx) – Firework display
*please note timings are subject to change
Stadium Marketa can be found in the north-west part of Prague, just above the Marketa Monastry, in a quiet residential area of Bevnov - Prague 6, about 20 minutes via public transport from city centre.
By bus No. 179. It takes about 20 minutes.
Motorway D5 (E50) from Plzen (Pilsen) Exit: 1/23 (E 48) to left CHOMUTOV, PRAHA REPY AIRPORT, after 2 kms (Exit 26) turn off to right PRAHA REPY CENTRUM, straight ahead CENTRUM BREVNOV, on 5th lights left.
Either trams 15 and 22 to VYPICH or 1, 2 and 18 to VETRNIK or PETRINY. From all these stops it is about a 5 minute walk to the stadium.
For further information on attractions, hotels, bars and restaurants to visit in Prague go to: