DAVEY'S GRAND PRIX PLAN
Lakeside star Davey Watt has stressed his ambition remains to become a full-time Grand Prix competitor.
The Aussie is one of the big-name riders to appear at Berwick on Saturday in the World Championship qualifying meeting, and the 34-year-old is desperate to add to a handful of GP appearances as a stand-by rider and make his own impact on the series.
Watt said: “Grand Prix speedway is extremely tough, but if you don’t want to be a part of it then you’re barking up the wrong tree in this sport.
“How far I can go on a world stage is yet to be determined. I won’t really know how good I can be until I get there, and I’ve been touching the edges of it for a long time now.”
- 28/10: JACK'S MELBOURNE MOMENT
- 27/10: WOFFY FOCUSED IN SILVER SHOWDOWN
- 26/10: SGP 2017 WILD CARDS REVEALED
- 25/10: HEAT OF THE WEEK - GRIN'S WIN
- 24/10: 2017 ADRIAN FLUX BRITISH SGP - TICKET OFFER ENDS SOON!
- 24/10: HOLDER'S MELBOURNE MAGIC
- 23/10: VIDEO: MELBOURNE PRESS CONFERENCE
- 23/10: VIDEO: HOLDER'S HOME WIN
- 22/10: CHAMP HANCOCK SEEKS MORE HISTORY
- 22/10: VIDEO: MELBOURNE HIGHLIGHTS