DAVEY'S GRAND PRIX PLAN
Wednesday 13th June 2012, 12:04
Lakeside star Davey Watt has stressed his ambition remains to become a full-time Grand Prix competitor.
The Aussie is one of the big-name riders to appear at Berwick on Saturday in the World Championship qualifying meeting, and the 34-year-old is desperate to add to a handful of GP appearances as a stand-by rider and make his own impact on the series.
Watt said: “Grand Prix speedway is extremely tough, but if you don’t want to be a part of it then you’re barking up the wrong tree in this sport.
“How far I can go on a world stage is yet to be determined. I won’t really know how good I can be until I get there, and I’ve been touching the edges of it for a long time now.”
- 04/07: VIDEO: BRITISH SGP FINAL
- 04/07: NICKI: NO FRIENDS NEEDED
- 04/07: TOOLED FOR THE TITLE?
- 04/07: MODEST MAGIC: HARD WORK AHEAD
- 04/07: AJ: PICKING UP PACE
- 03/07: VIDEO: SGP STARS ON CARDIFF 2015
- 03/07: CARDIFF FANZONE FUN
- 03/07: VIDEO: TATUM'S TRACK REPORT
- 03/07: GREG V NICKI IN HEAT 13
- 03/07: NKI SEEKS CARDIFF SURGE