DAVEY'S GRAND PRIX PLAN
Wednesday 13th June 2012, 12:04
Lakeside star Davey Watt has stressed his ambition remains to become a full-time Grand Prix competitor.
The Aussie is one of the big-name riders to appear at Berwick on Saturday in the World Championship qualifying meeting, and the 34-year-old is desperate to add to a handful of GP appearances as a stand-by rider and make his own impact on the series.
Watt said: “Grand Prix speedway is extremely tough, but if you don’t want to be a part of it then you’re barking up the wrong tree in this sport.
“How far I can go on a world stage is yet to be determined. I won’t really know how good I can be until I get there, and I’ve been touching the edges of it for a long time now.”
- 01/09: NICKI UP FOR ENDURANCE TEST
- 01/09: PAWLICKI SACKED BY WOLVES
- 31/08: IVERSEN ENDS SEASON
- 31/08: VIDEO: GORZOW SGP HIGHLIGHTS
- 31/08: VIDEO: BARTOSZ'S BIG WIN
- 30/08: RECORD BREAKER BARTEK
- 30/08: NICKI: I'LL LOOK AFTER MYSELF
- 30/08: TEAM MJJ REUNITED
- 30/08: HEALTHY HOLDER UP FOR GORZOW
- 30/08: VIDEO: WOFFY SPEAKS ON INJURY