DAVEY'S GRAND PRIX PLAN
Wednesday 13th June 2012, 12:04
Lakeside star Davey Watt has stressed his ambition remains to become a full-time Grand Prix competitor.
The Aussie is one of the big-name riders to appear at Berwick on Saturday in the World Championship qualifying meeting, and the 34-year-old is desperate to add to a handful of GP appearances as a stand-by rider and make his own impact on the series.
Watt said: “Grand Prix speedway is extremely tough, but if you don’t want to be a part of it then you’re barking up the wrong tree in this sport.
“How far I can go on a world stage is yet to be determined. I won’t really know how good I can be until I get there, and I’ve been touching the edges of it for a long time now.”
- 24/08: KK: TOUGH AT THE TOP
- 23/08: VACULIK INSPIRES VITAL VICTORY
- 23/08: BOMBER'S SILENCER STRUGGLE
- 22/08: HAMPEL WITHDRAWS FROM SGP 2016
- 22/08: VIDEO: LAST YEAR IN GORZOW
- 22/08: BARTEK LANDS VETLANDA DEAL
- 21/08: WROCLAW WRAP UP PLAY-OFF PLACE
- 21/08: HOLDER: NOT OVER UNTIL IT'S OVER
- 20/08: GOLDEN DOUBLE FOR POLES
- 20/08: ZMARZLIK LEADS POLISH DOUBLE BID