ZENGI PIPS KK IN HUNGARY
Saturday 16th June 2012, 19:06
Polish star Grzegorz Zengota bagged a 15-point maximum to pip fellow countryman Krzysztof Kasprzak to victory in the SGP qualification quarter final at Miskolc.
The in-form Czestochowa man cruised through the card unbeaten, while former SGP regular Kasprzak had to make do with second spot on 13.
Both eased into the semi-finals, along with Denmark’s Kenni Larsen who beat Hungarian stars Norbert Magosi and Jozsef Tabaka in a run-off for third after they all finished on 11.
Slovenian rider Aleksandr Conda made it on 10, along with Italy’s Nicolas Covatti. Ukrainian racer Kiril Cukanov got through on eight and Hungarian racer Laszlo Szatmari crept in on seven.
Czech international Filip Sitera just missed out on six and will take one of the reserve places.
SCORES: 1. Grzegorz Zengota 15, 2. Krzysztof Kasprzak 13, 3. Kenni Larsen (Dania) 11+3, 4. Norbert Magosi 11+2, 5. Jozsef Tabaka 11+1, 6. Aleksander Conda 10, 7. Nicolas Covatti 10, 8. Kiril Cukanov 8, 9. Laszlo Szatmari 7, 10. Filip Sitera 6, 11. Roland Benko 5, 12. Sandor Tihanyi 4, 13. Cristian Carrica 3, 14. Zsolt Bencze 2, 15. Fritz Wallner 2, 16. Matic Voldrih 0.
- 22/05: NO SIX-POINTERS SUITS SAYFUTDINOV
- 22/05: DREAM CARDIFF CALL FOR ALES
- 22/05: NICKI'S TITLE BID IN BALANCE
- 22/05: ULAMEK AND ELLIS JOIN HAMMERS
- 21/05: NKI'S INDIANS STUN VETLANDA
- 21/05: CHAMP'S CHANGES FOR CARDIFF
- 21/05: INJURY PROMPTS POOLE CALL-OFF
- 20/05: ZAGAR INTO QUALIFYING SEMIS
- 20/05: AMERICAN DREAMING IN HUNGARY
- Play20/05: VIDEO: PRAGUE HIGHLIGHTS