PIRATES SUFFER KK BLOW
Sunday 5th August 2012, 21:28
Poole have been rocked with the news that Krzysztof Kasprzak is out of their trip to Swindon on Monday night.
Kasprzak, top scorer for Pirates in their last two meetings at Belle Vue and at home against Wolves, contacted Poole promoter Matt Ford reporting that he has severe back pain.
"I have explained to Krzys just how important this meeting is for us, but he has said that he is in far too much discomfort and pain to be fit in time for the meeting."
- Matt Ford
Ford said: “Krzysztof has told me he has been training in Gorzow today (Sunday) and has suffered horrendous pain with his back.
“He has been treated by medics and told that he needs to go to hospital. More importantly, he must rest.
“I have explained to Krzys just how important this meeting is for us, but he has said that he is in far too much discomfort and pain to be fit in time for the meeting. Obviously this is a major blow for us.”
Poole will have to use the rider replacement facility for the absent Pole, who came under fire last season for missing a string of meetings for Birmingham.
“It’s very disappointing,” Ford added. "We now have a mammoth task going to Swindon without a full side.
“It's such a shame as it’s a televised meeting too. I know our lads will be giving full commitment but being unable to field our strongest team is a huge blow.”
- 24/05: DANISH CHAMP STARS IN SLANGERUP
- 24/05: HARRIS RUMOURS SLAMMED
- 24/05: EARLY BIRD DISCOUNT ON KING'S LYNN TICKETS
- 24/05: PUK PUZZLED BY SGP FORM
- 23/05: NICKI OUT OF DANISH FINAL
- 23/05: HANCOCK LEADS AMERICAN ASSAULT
- 23/05: TRIALS ICON BOU SET FOR CARDIFF
- 22/05: NO SIX-POINTERS SUITS SAYFUTDINOV
- 22/05: DREAM CARDIFF CALL FOR ALES
- 22/05: NICKI'S TITLE BID IN BALANCE