BRITS RESERVE CARDIFF SPOTS
Friday 10th August 2012, 13:00
British duo Ben Barker and Craig Cook have joined the line-up for the FIM Fogo British Speedway Grand Prix in Cardiff on August 25 after being handed the track reserve spots.
The Team Great Britain internationals follow Scott Nicholls into the field, after he won a record seventh British Championship Final at Wolverhampton on July 30 to earn the No.16 wild card race jacket.
Barker, who dons the No.17 race jacket, rides for Birmingham in the British Elite League as well as Plymouth in the Premier League.
He made his Team GB debut during the 2011 FIM Speedway World Cup and appeared for the Lions in their test match against Australia at Poole on August 1.
The Cornishman raced alongside Craig Cook, who lines up at No.18 in the Millennium Stadium. The Whitehaven-born man gained his stripes on a motocross bike before made a breathtaking ascent up the speedway ranks, having started his shale career with National League club Buxton in 2009.
He earned a deal at his local club Workington within months and now races for Elite League outfit Belle Vue and Premier League side Edinburgh. Cook scored six paid seven against the Aussies at Poole on his international debut and will be keen to continue his rapid development on the world stage.
The referee at the Millennium Stadium will be Sweden’s Krister Gardell.
- 23/05: NICKI OUT OF DANISH FINAL
- 23/05: HANCOCK LEADS AMERICAN ASSAULT
- 23/05: TRIALS ICON BOU SET FOR CARDIFF
- 22/05: NO SIX-POINTERS SUITS SAYFUTDINOV
- 22/05: DREAM CARDIFF CALL FOR ALES
- 22/05: NICKI'S TITLE BID IN BALANCE
- 22/05: ULAMEK AND ELLIS JOIN HAMMERS
- 21/05: NKI'S INDIANS STUN VETLANDA
- 21/05: CHAMP'S CHANGES FOR CARDIFF
- 21/05: INJURY PROMPTS POOLE CALL-OFF