JEDRZEJAK'S POLISH JOY
Wednesday 15th August 2012, 23:02
Wroclaw star Tomasz Jedrzejak stormed to a shock victory in the Polish Championship Final at Zielona Gora this evening.
Despite suffering one defeat to Gorzow SGP bronze medallist Bartosz Zmarzlik in heat 12, Jedrzejak’s 14-point haul was enough to see him top the rostrum for the first time and better the third place he achieved in 2003.
Rzeszow veteran Rafal Okoniewski beat Polish international Krzysztof Buczkowski in a run-off for second place after they tied on 11.
With SGP stars Tomasz Gollob or Jaroslaw Hampel missing out on this season’s title decider after being injured for the semi-final stages, the likes of Maciej Janowski and Zielona Gora hero Piotr Protasiewicz were tipped to triumph.
But they both finished on 10 along with Zmarzlik and Grzegorz Zengota. Adrian Miedzinski and Dawid Stachrya accrued nine each, while Krzysztof Kasprzak – one of the pre-meeting favourites – failed to make a push and managed just four points.
- 26/05: NICKI MAKES LEAGUE COMEBACK
- 25/05: MATEJ MARCHES ON
- 25/05: AJ: FORM ON THE UP
- 24/05: DANISH CHAMP STARS IN SLANGERUP
- 24/05: HARRIS RUMOURS SLAMMED
- 24/05: EARLY BIRD DISCOUNT ON KING'S LYNN TICKETS
- 24/05: PUK PUZZLED BY SGP FORM
- 23/05: NICKI OUT OF DANISH FINAL
- 23/05: HANCOCK LEADS AMERICAN ASSAULT
- 23/05: TRIALS ICON BOU SET FOR CARDIFF