DOYLE BATTLES ON
Tuesday 4th September 2012, 14:11
Swindon star Jason Doyle will be fit to ride in Robins’ vital home clash with Belle Vue on Thursday, despite suffering a suspected broken jaw in Poland on Sunday.
The Australian crashed hard in heat 13 of his debut meeting for Second Division club Rybnik at Rawicz.
He was set to visit Great Western Hospital in Swindon this morning for an assessment of the damage, but team manager Alun Rossiter says he’ll be ready for action against the Aces.
He said: “Jason will be okay for Thursday. We’ve spoken since he got back to the UK, and although he can feel that something isn’t quite right, he says it’s not his arm or his leg and it isn’t going to stop him putting a helmet on!
“Obviously that’s a relief for us because Jason is an integral part of our team. He’s a rider I was keen to work with for a couple of years before I managed to sign him, and it has definitely proved to be a good move for us both.”
- 25/05: AJ: FORM ON THE UP
- 24/05: DANISH CHAMP STARS IN SLANGERUP
- 24/05: HARRIS RUMOURS SLAMMED
- 24/05: EARLY BIRD DISCOUNT ON KING'S LYNN TICKETS
- 24/05: PUK PUZZLED BY SGP FORM
- 23/05: NICKI OUT OF DANISH FINAL
- 23/05: HANCOCK LEADS AMERICAN ASSAULT
- 23/05: TRIALS ICON BOU SET FOR CARDIFF
- 22/05: NO SIX-POINTERS SUITS SAYFUTDINOV
- 22/05: DREAM CARDIFF CALL FOR ALES