Monday 17th September 2012, 23:24
Peterborough’s Elite League play-off hopes could be in tatters after club legend Ryan Sullivan suffered a suspected broken hand in their 57-31 hammering at Belle Vue on Monday.
The Australian tumbled in heat one and pulled out of the meeting. He is now a major doubt for Panthers’ vital trip to Coventry on Wednesday, which they must win to finish in the top four.
Peterborough are already without Linus Sundstrom and Michael Jepsen Jensen for that meeting as they will be racing for Piraterna and Dackarna respectively in the Swedish Elitserien semi-final in Motala.
This looks set to hand Lakeside, who occupy fourth spot, the initiative in the fight for the play-offs.
Sullivan’s absence would also come as a hammer-blow blow to Torun ahead of their re-run Polish Ekstraliga play-off semi-final, second leg against Tarnow on Sunday.
- 19/06: EMIL'S RUSSIAN RESCUE BID
- 19/06: IVERSEN'S UNHAPPY ENDING
- 19/06: SUNDSTROM'S SGP LIFELINE
- 19/06: KK'S DANISH DEAL
- 18/06: CHAMP PIPS PEDERSEN FOR PIRATES
- 18/06: HOLDER HANGING ON TO EMIL
- Play18/06: TAI'S RIDE
- 17/06: TOP THREE FOR TAI?
- 17/06: MIDDLO'S TEAM GB CHALLENGE
- 17/06: SGP QUALIFICATION DRAW