WATT'S KIDNEY WOE
Monday 24th September 2012, 09:18
Lakeside skipper Davey Watt has been rushed to hospital with complications to a kidney problem – and will miss the first leg of the Hammers’ play-off semi-final against Poole.
The club have moved quickly to book Scott Nicholls as a guest and have an encouraging weather forecast for Monday’s meeting with the track having been prepared to see off the worst of the rain.
Co-promoter Jon Cook said: “We wish Watty all the very best and we will update fans tonight. Scott is a first-class replacement and this added misfortune only makes us more determined to rise to the occasion this evening.
“We have great drying weather on its way, the giant television screen is in place, riders are flying in and we are ready for a great night’s entertainment.”
The play-off semi-final between Birmingham and Swindon at Perry Barr has been postponed due to rain.
- 21/05: CHAMP'S CHANGES FOR CARDIFF
- 21/05: INJURY PROMPTS POOLE CALL-OFF
- 20/05: ZAGAR INTO QUALIFYING SEMIS
- 20/05: AMERICAN DREAMING IN HUNGARY
- Play20/05: VIDEO: PRAGUE HIGHLIGHTS
- 19/05: EMIL ROARS TO LIONS MAX
- 19/05: SLEEPLESS NICKI'S DREAM DISPLAY
- Play19/05: WOFFY'S MARKETA MAGIC
- 19/05: THJ SURVIVES INJURY SCARE
- 18/05: WOFFY, WOFFY, WOFFY!