DARCY DELIVERS FOR POOLE
Monday 24th September 2012, 22:42
Poole star Darcy Ward led Pirates to within touching distance of an Elite League play-off final as his side triumphed 47-43 at Lakeside on Monday.
The double World Under-21 champion powered to 13 paid 14 points and passed Hammers riders for fun on an Arena-Essex Raceway track which wasn’t easy to ride following days of torrential rain.
Polish hotshot Krzysztof Kasprzak backed him up on 12 points, while World Championship leader Chris Holder struggled with setup issues, but still collected eight paid nine. Former Lakeside asset Ricky Kling starred at reserve for Pirates on eight.
Peter Karlsson led the Hammers challenge on 11 paid 13, but guest Scott Nicholls failed to fill absent skipper Davey Watt’s shoes and managed just four points from as many rides.
The second leg takes place at Wimborne Road next Monday at the same time as Birmingham stage their first leg against Swindon.
The meeting at Perry Barr was set to run this evening, but was postponed this morning due to heavy rain. The return at Blunsdon will be staged on Thursday, October 4.
- 18/06: CHAMP PIPS PEDERSEN FOR PIRATES
- 18/06: HOLDER HANGING ON TO EMIL
- 17/06: TOP THREE FOR TAI?
- 17/06: MIDDLO'S TEAM GB CHALLENGE
- 17/06: SGP QUALIFICATION DRAW
- Play17/06: VIDEO: GORZOW HIGHLIGHTS
- 16/06: PERFECTION FOR PEDERSEN
- 16/06: WARRIOR WOFFY DEFIES PAIN
- 15/06: HAMPEL'S POLISH PRIDE
- 15/06: HAMPEL WINS GORZOW SGP