KK LEADS SGP CHARGE IN CROATIA
Saturday 29th September 2012, 22:42
Polish star Krzysztof Kasprzak won the GP Challenge in Gorican to become a full-time SGP star for 2013.
The Leszno-born racer triumphed on 11 points and avoided a head-spinning five-man run-off for the final two qualification places, which were claimed by his Gorzow team mates Matej Zagar and Niels-Kristian Iversen. The duo tied on 10 points with Ales Dryml, Leon Madsen and Troy Batchelor after five rides.
They were split into two run-offs with Zagar heading Madsen and Batchelor, before Iversen beat Dryml.
The Slovenian and NKI advanced to the final, before Dryml won the third run-off ahead of Madsen and Batchelor with the Aussie dropping out of the running at this point.
Zagar then made a dream start in the fourth and final run-off to lead Iversen home, while Dryml in third claimed the SGP first reserve berth for 2013 with Madsen last. He becomes the second stand-in man.
Current Grand Prix regulars Hans Andersen and Peter Ljung missed out on eight points apiece.
GP CHALLENGE SCORES: 1 Krzysztof Kasprzak 11, 2 Matej Zagar 10+3+3, 3 Niels-Kristian Iversen 10+3+2, 4 Ales Dryml 10+2+3+1, 5 Leon Madsen 10+2+2+0, 6 Troy Batchelor 10+1+1, 7 Hans Andersen 8, 8 Martin Vaculik 8, 9 Peter Ljung 8, 10 Krzysztof Buczkowski 8, 11 Martin Smolinski 7, 12 Grzegorz Walasek 6, 13 Peter Kildemand 5, 14 Jurica Pavlic 5, 15 Adrian Miedzinski 4, 16 Michael Jepsen Jensen 0.
- 05/05: #OFFTHEBIKE WITH DOYLE & AJ (PART 2)
- 05/05: NKI: I HAVE MORE TO GIVE
- 04/05: HOLDER SPURRED BY SLOVENIA
- 04/05: VIDEO: KILDEMAND KING OF KRSKO
- 03/05: BARTEK BAGS POINT FOR CHAMPS
- 03/05: VIDEO: #OFFTHEBIKE WITH DOYLE & AJ
- 03/05: SGP PODCAST LAUNCHED
- 03/05: WOFFY'S ANXIOUS WAIT
- 02/05: DOYLE: I'LL PUSH FOR PODIUM
- 01/05: TRACK RECORDS TUMBLE IN TORUN